Effective Date: August 28, 2019
- By accessing or using the Site, you agree that you have read and understand acknowledge the privacy practices and uses or disclosures of information about you that are described herein, and you consent to us collecting, holding, using and disclosing your personal information in accordance with this policy.
- We do update this Policy from time to time so please review this Policy regularly. If we materially alter our Policy, we will notify you of such changes by posting a notice on the App home page. Your continued use of the Site will be deemed your agreement that your information may be used in accordance with the new policy. If you do not agree with the changes, then you should stop using the Site.
- We collect the following types of information on the Site:
- “Personal Information” is information about an identifiable individual, other than any information that is excluded from the definition of “personal information” under applicable privacy laws.
- “Aggregate Information” is information that does not contain Personal Information or from which Personal Information has been removed. An example of Aggregate Information is information about use of the Site, such as pages visited on the Site.
- E-mail Site and services. If you provide us with your e-mail address and opt in to any email notification features that IC may now have or may develop in the future, you may receive email from time to time from IC. Each email you receive from IC will contain an “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email message which will provide you the opportunity to opt out of receiving future communications from IC by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link and following the unsubscribe instructions.
- Information Request Forms. The Site contains various request forms that allow you to request information, products and services and to submit resumes to IC. For instance, we may collect information such as your preferences regarding location, size and price of a new home. When we collect such information, we may share it with third parties as is necessary to respond to your request.
- From time to time, we may collect information through online surveys, questionnaires or information requests on the Site. These surveys may request demographic information (such as age range, gender, areas of interest) and customer feedback. Participation in such surveys, questionnaires or information requests is voluntary and with each request you will have the choice of whether or not to disclose information. We may use such survey information to analyze the Site and to improve users’ overall experience on the Site.
- Administrative Purposes. We may collect and use information that identifies you personally when you submit comments, questions or suggestions through the Site. For example, if you submit questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit information requests we will use the information you provide to respond to you. We also may collect and use your information to contact you when necessary for other administrative purposes. If you do submit comments, questions or suggestions through the Site, please do not include confidential personal or financial information in such requests. Such e-mail will be maintained in accordance with our corporate e-mail and document retention policies.
- If you submit your resume to us or complete a form related to a job opening on the Site, we may use the information to contact you, in our sole discretion, or we may store it in our files in a manner consistent with the way we store other information related to job applications.
- Use of your Information – We may use your information, including personal information for the following purposes:
- Providing and Improving Our Site. To provide and maintain our Site and services; to improve our Site and services; to develop new features, products, or services; to authenticate users; to process payments; to fulfill user orders and requests; to perform technical operations, such as updating software; to monitor and protect the security of our Site and services; and for other service- and support-related purposes.
Marketing and Communications. To communicate with you (including by email) about your account and use of our Site and services, including to send you product or service updates; to respond to your inquiries; to provide you with news and newsletters, special offers, promotions, and other information we think may interest you; and for other informational, marketing, or promotional purposes. Please see the “Opt-Out” section below for more information about communications from us.
Research and Analytics. To analyze how users interact with our Site and services; to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends; and for other research, analytical, and statistical purposes.
Legal Compliance. To comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including as part of a judicial proceeding; to respond to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other legal process; or as part of an investigation or request, whether formal or informal, from law enforcement or a governmental authority.
- Disclosure of Your Personal and Aggregate Information. IC will use and disclose your personal information (i) as consented to by you, (ii) for the purposes set out in this Policy or in any additional disclosures or policies of which you are provided with notice before or at the time of collection of the information, and (iii) as otherwise permitted by applicable laws.
- From time to time IC engages consultants that may need access to the information we collect to perform their services for us, such as administering our mailing lists. We require that our consultants keep Personal Information confidential and use it only in accordance with the service agreement between IC and such consultant.
Affiliates. We may disclose your information to current or future affiliates or subsidiaries for research, marketing, and other purposes consistent with this Policy.
Service Providers. We may disclose your information to our vendors, service providers, agents, or others who perform functions on our behalf. For example, we may disclose your information to third-party service providers to process payments on our behalf.
Business Transfers. We may disclose your information to another entity in connection with, including during negotiations of, an acquisition or merger, sale or transfer of a business unit or assets, bankruptcy proceeding, or as part of any other similar business transfer.
Legal Compliance. We may disclose your information to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including as part of a judicial proceeding; in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other legal process; or as part of an investigation or request, whether formal or informal, from law enforcement or a government official.
Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may disclose aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified information about users for marketing, advertising, research, or other purposes.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags, and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, Nweb bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Do-Not-Track Signals. Our Site does not respond to Do Not Track signals. For more information about Do Not Track signals, please see https://allaboutdnt.com/.
- Security We have taken steps to help protect the personal information we collect. However, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your device and account by, among other things, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
- Outside Links. While on the Site, you may be referred to web sites other than IC’s Site. A link from the Site to such a third party Site does not imply endorsement of that site nor any ability to control that site’s privacy practices. Be aware that third party Sites may collect data and personal information and operate according to their own privacy practices. Therefore, you should carefully review the privacy policies of third party Sites before submitting any Personal Information to them.
- Opting Out, Removal of Personal Information and Contacting Us. You may opt out of receiving marketing communications from us. To opt out of receiving marketing information or to unsubscribe from any specific e-mail service, e-mail a request to email@example.com. If you have questions or concerns about this Policy, or the accuracy of any Personal Information we hold about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may request removal of your Personal Information from our system(s) by contacting email@example.com. We will comply with your request except to the extent we are required or permitted to maintain your information in accordance with applicable laws or regulations. If at any time you feel that the Company has not adhered to this policy, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to respond promptly to your concerns.